An award of three thousand dollars will be granted for the best master’s thesis on the poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub by graduate students enrolled in an M.A. program in literature, the Spanish language, or related areas in an accredited university.
The thesis should comply with all the requirement of the university, and be supervised by an advisor or dedicated reader. The thesis should be a carefully argued and documented paper which presents an original proposition and that shows an advanced level of expertise regarding the poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub.
Students are encouraged to publish or present an abridged version of their thesis.
- The thesis must include a signature page which indicates the advisor and/or reader’s approval.
- The paper must be between fifty to one hundred pages (double spaced) — the equivalent of 12,500 to 25,000 words.
- The text may be in Spanish or English and should follow MLA or equivalent guidelines for format.
- The essay may address any aspect of the poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub and should be scholarly in tone with assertions properly documented.
- The thesis may be co-authored, as long as it is permitted by the universities of each of the authors.
- Significance of topic, depth of understanding and analysis, methodology of research, originality and comprehensiveness of treatment.
- Organization, clarity of writing, readability, and presentation.
- Name and address of author (or co-authors) and name of the university or institution where he/she is a student. Include email address and phone number(s).
- Title of paper and abstract of less than two hundred words.
- If applicable, title of paper and month and year of issue of the publication in which it was published or accepted for publication. Or, if applicable, presentation title and name, date, and location of the conference or symposium where the paper was or will be presented.
- An electronic file (PDF or WORD) of the complete paper.